atom feed11 messages in org.apache.db.derby-devAdditional Permission request to Plan...
FromSent OnAttachments
Nirmal FernandoJul 10, 2010 4:24 am
Bryan PendletonJul 10, 2010 8:58 am
Nirmal FernandoJul 10, 2010 9:08 am
Kathey MarsdenJul 10, 2010 9:39 am
Nirmal FernandoJul 10, 2010 9:55 am
Knut Anders HatlenJul 11, 2010 6:31 am
Nirmal FernandoJul 11, 2010 6:44 am
Nirmal FernandoJul 11, 2010 6:55 am
Knut Anders HatlenJul 11, 2010 8:03 am
Nirmal FernandoJul 11, 2010 8:07 am
Nirmal FernandoJul 11, 2010 11:01 am
Subject:Additional Permission request to PlanExporter tool's tests
From:Nirmal Fernando (nirm@gmail.com)
Date:Jul 10, 2010 4:24:34 am
List:org.apache.db.derby-dev

Hi All,

In order to run the tests I've created in XplainStatisticsTest.java class, I need read and write permissions to user's testing directory's extinout folder.

Currently in derby_tests.policy file, it doesn't provide IO permissions to extinout folder under user's testing directory.

So I like to request from the community to approve the above mentioned permission grant.

After adding that permission derby_tests.policy file's relevant portion looks like following:

// JUnit jar file tries to read junit.properties in the user's // home directory and seems to require permission to read the // property user.home as well. // junit.swingui.TestRunner writes to .junitsession on exit. grant codeBase "${derbyTesting.junit}" { permission java.util.PropertyPermission "user.home", "read"; permission java.io.FilePermission "${user.home}${/}junit.properties", "read"; permission java.io.FilePermission "${user.home}${/}.junitsession", "write";

// This permission is needed when running the tests using ant 1.7 permission java.io.FilePermission "${user.dir}${/}*", "write"; //DERBY-4587 PlanExporter tool needs this permission in order to run its tests permission java.io.FilePermission "${user.dir}${/}extinout${/}-", "read, write";

// These permissions are needed when testing code instrumented with EMMA. permission java.util.PropertyPermission "${emma.active}user.dir", "read"; permission java.io.FilePermission "${emma.active}${user.dir}${/}coverage.ec", "read, write"; permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "${emma.active}writeFileDescriptor"; };

Thanks.

C.S.Nirmal J. Fernando Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.